What is the faith statement of 2=1?
the Bible is the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His incarnation, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
the blood of Jesus is the only cleansing for sin and salvation is found only through repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Jesus Christ is our Savior, Lord, Deliverer, Baptizer, and Healer and all aspects of His ministry are available to the Church today.
the Baptism or Infilling of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is available today to all believers who ask for it.
in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
in the resurrection of both the saved to everlasting life and the lost to eternal damnation.
Back to Top
What are the core values upon which 2=1 is based?
The values upon which 2=1 is based
1. Everything we do must point people to the Lordship of Jesus.
- Truth of the Word leads people to the One who is Truth
- We must deepen people's relationship with Jesus, not make them dependent upon us
- See people and situations through eyes of faith
2. Powerhouse homes flow in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- After believers are born-again, there is a second, distinct experience in which the Holy Spirit empowers believers (Acts 1:8)
- The power of the Holy Spirit changes the believer from within (Fruit of the Spirit) and flows out through the believer (Gifts of the Spirit)
- Lasting change comes spiritually, not intellectually
3. Marriage is a covenant relationship.
- It reflects the covenant relationship between Jesus and the Church
- Each covenant partner agrees to be faithful no matter what the other one does
- It is unconditional
- It is until death
4. Marriage between a man and a woman is the basis for God's plan for family.
- God intends for family to produce healthy sons and daughters in the image of their Father
- All aspects of family life flow from and relate back to the marriage relationship
- Addressing family issues must include developing a healthy marriage
5. We are to make disciples of all nations.
- Discipling is more than disseminating information
- Discipling includes training, modeling and accountability
– modeling is a transparent demonstration of process rather than perfection in the lives of the disciplers
- Discipling is based in relationship
6. We are to produce fruit with the seed of reproducibility.
- We are all to bear fruit and multiply
- Our role in the earth is to give to others what God gives to us
- Although gifts and talents of people vary, others must be able to duplicate each model produced
- Everyone who ministers in 2=1 should be making disciples at the same time
7. When a couple marries, their individual call and destiny are blended together.
- Both husband and wife are equally called of God
- We are responsible to seek out those who will disciple us in our call
- Each spouse needs to respect, honor, and nurture the gifts and talents of the other
- Couples need to be taught how to blend their gifts and talents to equip them in the synergism of a one-flesh team
8. Homes are points of outreach to a lost world.
- Marriage and family reflect God's relationship to His Church
- MMI leaders are ordinary couples demonstrating the power of God in our homes, jobs, and lives
- We are to teach couples how to reach their neighborhoods, communities, and other spheres of influence
9. God views families generationally.
- Decisions and actions of one generation affect successive ones
- One generation has the power in Jesus to stop generational curses
- One generation has the ability to perpetuate blessings generationally
- Christians must think and plan generationally
10. We are an army.
- We have an objective and a mission
- We need to honor spiritual authority to be in spiritual authority
- We need to recognize and honor the different roles of those serving in the army
- We must be dedicated to fighting until we see victory manifested
- We are not individual soldiers who get to pick and choose with whom, when and where we will serve
Back to Top